Cancellations disrupt customers' plans and impact confidence in FishingBooker. Because of this, we apply the following penalties to host cancellations.
For Instant Book listings only
Charter operators who use Instant Book may be able to cancel up to 3 times, penalty-free, if they have concerns about a customer's behavior. Calendar inaccuracy, confusion about pricing or availability, and extenuating circumstances are not covered by this policy.
If you're an Instant Book host and have concerns about a guest's behavior:
- Go to Manage Bookings and find the reservation you need to cancel
- Click View Details
- Select Cancel
- Provide a reason for the cancellation
Once you complete these steps, our customer service team will review this reservation, and if eligible, apply your cancellation to your annual quota, and we’ll help your customer find another fishing charter for their trip.
If it's within 24 hours of check-in, contact us instead.
Note: Instant Book cancellation can be used a maximum of 3 times per year. This exception only applies to Instant Book reservations, and can't be used for any other cancellation reason.
In the rare instance where extenuating circumstances arise, a charter operator may need to cancel a confirmed reservation. In such cases, we may elect to forgo the cancellation penalties outlined in our Terms of Service. Such cases will be contingent on proper documentation, where valid, and include:
- Unsafe weather conditions as determined by the local maritime authority
- Vessel damage
- Maintenance issues that affect the ability to perform the trip
- Death in the family
- Serious illness or serious illness in the family
- Natural disaster in the country
- Political unrest in the country